Vai al contenuto

Ordine femminile per la prima volta con NHS ma già indossato. Aiuto con l'ordine apprezzato/ Female first time order with NHS but already wearing. Help with the order appreciated

Messaggi raccomandati

Il flat back ha i capelli che escono dal lace più ordinati, in modo più naturale soprattutto sulla fronte. Da molti anni ordino solo quello.

Non ha vincoli per fare la riga e va bene con qualunque pettinatura. Per convincerti devi provare. Alla fine le parole non rendono l'idea

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

2 hours ago, alice28 said:

The flat back has the hair that comes out of the lace more orderly, in a more natural way especially on the forehead. I have been ordering just that for many years.

It has no restrictions on parting and goes well with any hairstyle. To convince yourself you have to try. In the end, the words don't convey the idea

thanks Alice, I have already filled an order with Freestyle and might be trying the next order with Flat Back. 

I am still trying to find a good demonstration of this on a long hair to get the difference between the two in a visual way.

On another topic - I have been doing my part and reading through as much as I could and see you have tried many base combinations and many hair types and specifications.

Mind sharing your favorite combo? thank you

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello Kristina!

are you wearing a total hair piece yet? 

i have hair loss in the top (christmas Tree pattern), i have low density on parietal sides but I’m glad to wear a partial hair piece because is cheaper, less Skin covered (breathable, less Skin irritation, less mantenancy) and my hair is always better than any precious not-mine-hair ? although low density. 

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

On 1/3/2022 at 8:41 PM, Brigitte said:

Hello Kristina!

are you wearing a total hair piece yet? 

i have hair loss in the top (christmas Tree pattern), i have low density on parietal sides but I’m glad to wear a partial hair piece because is cheaper, less Skin covered (breathable, less Skin irritation, less mantenancy) and my hair is always better than any precious not-mine-hair ? although low density. 

Hi 

I wear 8x10 inch (standard) for the last 10 years. Also for all the reasons you mentioned ?

But my sides are getting more and more thin so I see the future will call for total!

I just put an order so I will prepare to even see what I receive in summertime... 

Seems both prices and wait time is up, for us women with longer hair orders especially. 

My standard came out € 600, is that usual? It is 45cm but standard size

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Well, it's me who has written the program which calculates the cost. Usually it is correct ? especially because Medusa checks personally every one.

Standard is 160, 35*6=210 for the extra length, 60 for the mandatory rush order ... it makes 430. There are some euros for shipping to you, but still we do not reach 600.
Have you added any other feature?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

14 hours ago, zazza said:

Well, it's me who has written the program which calculates the cost. Usually it is correct ? especially because Medusa checks personally every one.

Standard is 160, 35*6=210 for the extra length, 60 for the mandatory rush order ... it makes 430. There are some euros for shipping to you, but still we do not reach 600.
Have you added any other feature?

Hi, you can check and advise me if these rush orders are the ones that make it that much more?

I understood this is pretty much must if I want to receive hair in at least 6 months? And some part is mandatory?

What is the time difference usually between all these rush add ons and without?

Thank you, gives me better understanding for the future. Appreciate your knowledge and experience.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1652381952.jpeg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Once upon a time we had the regular order (standard hairpiece takes 3 months), the rush order (2 months) and the superrush order (1.5 months and is shipped immediately and is refunded if it arrives late).

Now due to Covid Chinese factories have problems and therefore we have only:
- rush (60 euro) which takes 5/6 months + extra for Chinese New Year Vacation, currently mandatory for everybody
- superrush (rush+80 euro) which takes maximum 4 months + extra for Chinese New Year Vacation  (otherwise the +80 is refunded) and it is shipped immediately

The calculation is correct, I did it now with my pocket calculator. It is high because:
- there is also a shortage of human hair and therefore extra length and extra density are expensive
- you have the superrush

TIMING SUGGESTIONS

First of all, did you send your mold-template to Medusa WITHIN December 2021? Because at the beginning of each month he sends the mold-template's package to China. So if your template is already there, as soon as you order the process starts. Otherwise, if you order now, your order won't start until the beginning of February because they do not have your template. This is something which can save you almost one month. 

SUPERRUSH: considering the Chinese vacations and supposing that you DO NOT have the mold template already in China, the 5/6 months start from 15 February  (beginning of February is Chinese Vacation... Tiger Year...) and I would estimate you getting it for half August. With a superrush you get it MAXIMUM by the end of June.
If your template is already in China and you order today, 3 weeks less for the superrush and if you are lucky 1 month less for the rush (same time if you are unlucky).

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

2 hours ago, zazza said:

Once upon a time we had the regular order (standard hairpiece takes 3 months), the rush order (2 months) and the superrush order (1.5 months and is shipped immediately and is refunded if it arrives late).

Now due to Covid Chinese factories have problems and therefore we have only:
- rush (60 euro) which takes 5/6 months + extra for Chinese New Year Vacation, currently mandatory for everybody
- superrush (rush+80 euro) which takes maximum 4 months + extra for Chinese New Year Vacation  (otherwise the +80 is refunded) and it is shipped immediately

The calculation is correct, I did it now with my pocket calculator. It is high because:
- there is also a shortage of human hair and therefore extra length and extra density are expensive
- you have the superrush

TIMING SUGGESTIONS

First of all, did you send your mold-template to Medusa WITHIN December 2021? Because at the beginning of each month he sends the mold-template's package to China. So if your template is already there, as soon as you order the process starts. Otherwise, if you order now, your order won't start until the beginning of February because they do not have your template. This is something which can save you almost one month. 

SUPERRUSH: considering the Chinese vacations and supposing that you DO NOT have the mold template already in China, the 5/6 months start from 15 February  (beginning of February is Chinese Vacation... Tiger Year...) and I would estimate you getting it for half August. With a superrush you get it MAXIMUM by the end of June.
If your template is already in China and you order today, 3 weeks less for the superrush and if you are lucky 1 month less for the rush (same time if you are unlucky).

Yes, seems all of that Covid is making for a sh**ty time for being a woman who needs hair ?

I imagined all of this have added up to the cost so just wondering how other women here are holding up with these expenses (especially if someone is ordering total, that comes up to almost EUR 1k).

I did send all of the requested to Medusa but bad luck, it missed the cut off by a day because of holiday delays in shipping. So it will be February.

After first order is here, it will be much easier to just put the orders in without rush orders to save some. First order is always the worst to wait for.

As for shortage of hairs - should we start hair collection here in Europe as I bet there are women who would donate/sell and it is European hair guys! :)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

@Kristinazml 

i read on this forum a female user’s story (maybe Patatosa ) about wearing total instead partial hair piece.

She has a top hair loss and low density in sides, so she tried total but due to costs and difficulties, after that she preferred wearing a partial with extensions on sides and back. 

maybe it would be a different solution…

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

8 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

@Kristinazml 

i read on this forum a female user’s story (maybe Patatosa ) about wearing total instead partial hair piece.

She has a top hair loss and low density in sides, so she tried total but due to costs and difficulties, after that she preferred wearing a partial with extensions on sides and back. 

maybe it would be a different solution…

Yes, if it comes to that point maybe even the full lace wigs that are commercially available would be an option. Probably not the correct fit but close enough. 

Many black ladies are just going that route for full wigs.

It just does become too expensive to custom make full pieces these days which is a bummer.

I really hoped hair industry would come up with an alternative solutions by now. 2 years disrupted work is something you would expect innovations to blossom. 

We are planning going to Mars but still glue our hairs the same ways for decades... ?

This was a bit of rant but I know we all get it and live with it.

Always happy to see other experiences as it is not something you can easily share with others and get any advice on.

Appreciate you all here. Just wanted to put it in here ?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Many Russian areas and surrounding do cut ponytails, not cutting to short.

So i don't see why this would not be the case in other countries.

Especially mid/eastern Europe where they could use some cash if they can. I think they just throw the ponytails at the hairdresser.

I remember when I was little, I got my ponytail cut and took it home.

If you could sell it or donate to a hair bank, it is a win win, no?

There were some hair banks started in USA for this matter during covid when people just did not go to hairdressers so they just had too much hairs and wanted to donate it.

They use it for creating affordable wigs then.

Just my thoughts as I truly don't believe there is no hair on the market. Maybe it is time we utilise it bit better? 

Also do you know if there is any local wig maker facilities (on Balkans) that could even come close to creating the same as Chinese?

Given the rise in costs in China, I don't see them having comparative advantage anymore in the future.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

I have come back to give my review on my first custom unit from here. 

Note: I am wearing since 2013 so I am not a newbie. Have tried many different vendors and hair units in past

My specs were:

- base required in full lace - thick as suggested
- standard prostheses: size 20x25 cm
- hair length 45 cm
- Indian hair
- no white / gray hair
- high density : 115 density front and 125 rest
- hair color : will provide the locks (will then have two locks color mixed in 70:30 ratio (lighter 70% :darker 30%)
- lace color - standard - yellow
- straight hair (4.5)
- bleached knots in front and middle part
- freestyle ventilation

Sent in my cast as well

Now the review after wearing it since May 4th :

When the unit first arrived it was bone straight.

Right after the first wash it was clear the unit is naturally wavy (Medusa did advise to make a note in next order for really straight hair).

Color was made well but am experiencing lightening at this point (had this issue with other units that have mid brown color in it) so next time will probably go with color 2 or so. Found few weird black hairs (I tend to find them with other vendors, too. Really hope that is not used as a filler hair).

Density was a  bit too much at least on the very perimeter. Had to work with tweezers to thin these areas.

Hair length was really good and full to ends.

Fit of the cap is also good.

Lace is great and knots are good, too. This is very important and happy to see NHS has this nailed. I kind of expected this based on many stories here.

Hair seems to be at the normal rate of shedding.

Now the main trouble I am having:

1. The hair seems much drier than I was hoping for.  Not sure if it is because it is wavy hair (but I used to have wavy units before) or the coloring job they did which dries it a bit. 

Ladies and men with longer hair - would you have any recommendation how to combat this?

2. If I wish for hair that dries straight and is more silky - would it make sense to order Chinese hair?

Hope this helps other women trying to nail specs as it helped me seeing yours, too.

I am happy with this company just feel like I need to tweak few thing to make it right for me.

Thank you for all your help in advance and special thanks to @medusa for all your help!

(first picture is air dried unit, after thinning the sides around 10% and adding side bangs in front)

NHS.it air dried.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to give an update on my 1st system I am wearing from NHS.it since May.

With time I have found some things that work for this hair much much better and am now loving it even better than at the start!

It is much softer and behaves really nice. It is not silky straight but it is slightly wavy now that I condition it very well. Does not blow up as much as before (in humid it tend to go really big).

I am now using DM (Balea) sulphate free brand shampoo and I have started doing color conditioning on the hair to darken it back to original and that seems to work wonders.

Holding the coloring conditioner for 10-15 minutes (Maria Nile brand) and then when towel dry - add Balea Repair Oil and let air dry

Attached the photos.

Hope that helps someone. I really get the silky hair now and it is month 5 now!

Think my previous mistake was the Shampoo from Dove which was sulphate free but was clarifying which is good for removing build up but it is more drying and strips the color.

51awMJHS2BL._AC_SX522_.jpg

6783-scaled.jpg

balea-professional-hair-oil-repair-intensive-1.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Il 10/1/2022 alle 15:00, Kristinazml ha scritto:

Many Russian areas and surrounding do cut ponytails, not cutting to short.

So i don't see why this would not be the case in other countries.

Especially mid/eastern Europe where they could use some cash if they can. I think they just throw the ponytails at the hairdresser.

I remember when I was little, I got my ponytail cut and took it home.

If you could sell it or donate to a hair bank, it is a win win, no?

There were some hair banks started in USA for this matter during covid when people just did not go to hairdressers so they just had too much hairs and wanted to donate it.

They use it for creating affordable wigs then.

Just my thoughts as I truly don't believe there is no hair on the market. Maybe it is time we utilise it bit better? 

Also do you know if there is any local wig maker facilities (on Balkans) that could even come close to creating the same as Chinese?

Given the rise in costs in China, I don't see them having comparative advantage anymore in the future.

The problem (I think) is not that of finding hair in Europe or in the West,
the real problem I read in some post now dated is that we Westerners ruin our hair with various products such as dyes,
lacquers, gels and various others products and therefore the resulting hair could not be used for the processes that would follow, 
while instead the hair collected in China or India are more suitable because they do not use the products I have said, 
especially the poor population who precisely for raise some money they sell their hair.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Il 9/6/2022 alle 13:56, Kristinazml ha scritto:

this is the same unit straightened. It really takes a lot of effort to get it straight so I am not doing this often.

NHS.it straightened.jpg

To understand, 
write and read I have to tinker with the google translator,
I can tell you that it seems to me a great result and congratulate your beauty.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti