Vai al contenuto

coolpiece cutin report

Messaggi raccomandati

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 02:26 PM (EST)

"cut in report"

I was an HCM customer for 10 years until I decided I had enough of the crappy ##### they were doling out to me. I cam across this site and it exposed me to the good, the bad and the ugly of the hair replacement industry. After looking at various options, I shortlisted Farrell and Coolpiece. I went to Farrell's salon in NY and even saw their live cut in show. After having researched Farrell thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that their systems are good but not really cost effective. Meanwhile I was reading good reviews from fellow posters on Coolpiece. So, I thought to myself what the hell, what do I have to loose. It is only 300 bucks. Also, I had been ordering tapes and other supplies from Jeffrey and he came across as an honest and extremely helpful businessman. So, I placed the coolpiece order. I got the system in less than 7 weeks. Just got it cut and styled today. I cant even express how good I feel about my choice. I am simply speechless and there are tears of joy and relief in my eyes. The cut in system is so good that I almost had an orgasm The base is so thin and the hair silken soft and matches my own hair color. The density is spot on. What can I say. I cant find a single fault with the system so far. Next test is for the hair to stay soft even after washes. The HCM hair used to dry up like straw within 2-3 washes. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jeffrey (coolpiece), all the fellow posters who have posted their cut in reviews and other valuable advice and finally hairsite for hosting such a helpful forum for dissemniating important information to the uninformed. If anyone has any questions regarding my coolpiece, I will be more than happy to answer. PEACE!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 04:50 PM (EST)

4. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #2

Michigan Baldy

Thanks for the tip. I agree that washing the system too much shortens its life. I was referring to HCM piece which I had to condition everyday in order to style because the hair on that system is so dry. I dont expect that issue with coolpiece. I dont think I will have to do a daily wash with coolpiece.

BTW, what do you mean by ".....is it on straight"?

Do you mean to say if it is straight or wavy hair. My system specifications will answer that question.

David, here are my specs:

base : 64# lace disappearing pink, no poly on the sides

front : 18# lace disappearing pink

cut in length : 4.5 inches

color : 1B (off black)

density : 80% sides, back and 75% front and top

BTW, even though I ordered 75% in front the frontal density gradually increases from the very tip of the front. The hairline is amazing, sort of like what I saw on the Farrell systems.

wave : 2.5 cm wave all around

length : 7.25 inches (front to back)

width : 5.25 inches (temple to temple)

bleached knots all around

freestyle without any parts

I style it by brushing it back in the center and then letting it fall on the sides so that I expose the hairline only in the center. I did not even have to use a blow dryer to style coolpiece unlike HCM crap. The style is basically the same as that of Lester of Farrell forum (his pic in the gallery) except that I have much less density and the hair is wavy. I tape the system using non-residue tapes on the sides and back and use the white glue on the front. I clean the front once in 2 weeks. I redo the system application once in a week. The only problem that I see with the system is that the front lace is extremely delicate and I would have to handle it very carefully to make it last. To me the system looks so good that I would love to send my pics to Jeffrey so thathe can post them on his site. But, I am taking a long vacation pretty soon. Hopefully, I can do that when I come back.

PEACE!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 02:26 PM (EST)

"cut in report"

I was an HCM customer for 10 years until I decided I had enough of the crappy ##### they were doling out to me. I cam across this site and it exposed me to the good, the bad and the ugly of the hair replacement industry. After looking at various options, I shortlisted Farrell and Coolpiece. I went to Farrell's salon in NY and even saw their live cut in show. After having researched Farrell thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that their systems are good but not really cost effective. Meanwhile I was reading good reviews from fellow posters on Coolpiece. So, I thought to myself what the hell, what do I have to loose. It is only 300 bucks. Also, I had been ordering tapes and other supplies from Jeffrey and he came across as an honest and extremely helpful businessman. So, I placed the coolpiece order. I got the system in less than 7 weeks. Just got it cut and styled today. I cant even express how good I feel about my choice. I am simply speechless and there are tears of joy and relief in my eyes. The cut in system is so good that I almost had an orgasm The base is so thin and the hair silken soft and matches my own hair color. The density is spot on. What can I say. I cant find a single fault with the system so far. Next test is for the hair to stay soft even after washes. The HCM hair used to dry up like straw within 2-3 washes. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jeffrey (coolpiece), all the fellow posters who have posted their cut in reviews and other valuable advice and finally hairsite for hosting such a helpful forum for dissemniating important information to the uninformed. If anyone has any questions regarding my coolpiece, I will be more than happy to answer. PEACE!

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RE: cut in report, Michigan Baldy, 02-22-03, 02:53 PM, (1)

RE: cut in report, David , 02-22-03, 04:02 PM, (2)

RE: cut in report, harry , 02-22-03, 04:50 PM, (4)

RE: cut in report, xxx , 02-22-03, 05:29 PM, (6)

RE: cut in report, Hairwearer , 02-22-03, 04:23 PM, (3)

RE: cut in report, harry , 02-22-03, 04:51 PM, (5)

RE: cut in report, harry , 02-22-03, 05:51 PM, (7)

RE: cut in report, SteveL , 02-22-03, 06:35 PM, (8)

RE: cut in report, harry , 02-22-03, 07:02 PM, (9)

RE: cut in report, SteveL , 02-22-03, 07:28 PM, (10)

RE: cut in report, Charles , 02-23-03, 03:54 AM, (11)

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Michigan Baldy

Member since 12-25-02

107 posts 02-22-03, 02:53 PM (EST)

1. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #0

Just be sure to go back to the Coolpiece site & read up on how to make it last the longest

.....washing the heck out of any hairpiece is a bad thing, trust me I know.....read Jeffreys post on the website at Coolpiece....

".....is it on straight"?

David

unregistered user

02-22-03, 04:02 PM (EST)

2. "RE: cut in report"

Harry,Its totally amazing to have a CoolPiece I must agree and I am really pleased you are so happy with your choice.Would you mind giving me and all the guys a list of your specifications and what the length of hair you have is and the style you chose.Best from David.

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 04:50 PM (EST)

4. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #2

Michigan Baldy

Thanks for the tip. I agree that washing the system too much shortens its life. I was referring to HCM piece which I had to condition everyday in order to style because the hair on that system is so dry. I dont expect that issue with coolpiece. I dont think I will have to do a daily wash with coolpiece.

BTW, what do you mean by ".....is it on straight"?

Do you mean to say if it is straight or wavy hair. My system specifications will answer that question.

David, here are my specs:

base : 64# lace disappearing pink, no poly on the sides

front : 18# lace disappearing pink

cut in length : 4.5 inches

color : 1B (off black)

density : 80% sides, back and 75% front and top

BTW, even though I ordered 75% in front the frontal density gradually increases from the very tip of the front. The hairline is amazing, sort of like what I saw on the Farrell systems.

wave : 2.5 cm wave all around

length : 7.25 inches (front to back)

width : 5.25 inches (temple to temple)

bleached knots all around

freestyle without any parts

I style it by brushing it back in the center and then letting it fall on the sides so that I expose the hairline only in the center. I did not even have to use a blow dryer to style coolpiece unlike HCM crap. The style is basically the same as that of Lester of Farrell forum (his pic in the gallery) except that I have much less density and the hair is wavy. I tape the system using non-residue tapes on the sides and back and use the white glue on the front. I clean the front once in 2 weeks. I redo the system application once in a week. The only problem that I see with the system is that the front lace is extremely delicate and I would have to handle it very carefully to make it last. To me the system looks so good that I would love to send my pics to Jeffrey so thathe can post them on his site. But, I am taking a long vacation pretty soon. Hopefully, I can do that when I come back.

PEACE!

xxx

unregistered user

02-22-03, 05:29 PM (EST)

6. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #4

what about the knots are they invisible?

what about a 85 or 90% density, will they show.

thanx

Hairwearer

unregistered user

02-22-03, 04:23 PM (EST)

3. "RE: cut in report"

Nice to hear such a great story. By the way, use Infusium 23 conditionner (by Clairol) every time you shampoo and i'm sure that even after 6 months, the hair on your unit will look as healthy as your real hair !

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 04:51 PM (EST)

5. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #3

Hairwearer

That is exactly what I have been using . Thanks!

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 05:51 PM (EST)

7. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #5

xxx

The knots are completely invisible even when looking at the system from an inch. I am sure they will be invisible even on higher denisty like 90% which is not much different from mine at 75%. Just make sure that the knots are bleached and then use white glue for the front. Under bright light in my bathroom, I cant detect the knots although I am not sure how they would look like under bright natural sun light. It has been overcast in NY today so have not tested it under sunlight yet.

SteveL

unregistered user

02-22-03, 06:35 PM (EST)

8. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #7

Good to hear your report Harry.

Were you ever able to see a Farrell system not on someones head?

Just wondered if you had what your thoughts are on the differences.... Sounds like you basically got an ultra minimal type of system.. 64 base with no borders and an 18 front. I want to know what the difference is between a .12 base no borders with an 18 front.

Would be great if you can send in some pics!

harry

unregistered user

02-22-03, 07:02 PM (EST)

9. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #8

SteveL

Yes I have seen the Farrell system on head as well as without on head. The first time I saw their system on one of their model's head, the lace was clearly showing. I mean it was obvious even from like 5 ft distance. Although the systems on display during the live cut in looked really awesome. So, it is possible that the model was not attaching the font lace properly. In my opinion coolpiece lace is thinner than the lace systems I saw at Farrell. I really would not know the diff between 64 and 12 laces. Bottomline is Farrell and Coolpiece systems are both excellent and on par but Coolpiece is much more affordable. I mean I could buy coolpiece every 3 months and the total cost to me will be 1200 per year apart from cut in charges which is not bad at all considering I was paying 4500 to the HCM scumbags.

SteveL

unregistered user

02-22-03, 07:28 PM (EST)

10. "RE: cut in report"

In response to message #9

Thanks for the feedback...

I have a Farrell and am quite pleased with it. The lace is is extremely hard to detect.. I have been happy with my Farrells but these coolpiece reports are intersting to hear because of the low cost and seemingly high quality.

Would be interesting to see how long the coolpiece hair stays soft. I have a Farrell system that is going on two years and the hair is as soft as the first day cut in. I am still confused on how Farrells hair is so soft and stays that way. I have heard all kinds of different opinions on this.

Hair I had from other companies would always get dry and brittle within a matter of weeks.

Like a bunch of other people on this board. I am someone who is going to try out a coolpiece.

Charles

unregistered user

02-23-03, 03:54 AM (EST)

11. "RE: cut in report"

Harry I see you are in NY, where did you have your cut in? Anyone else have a NY cut in?

Charles

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti