Vai al contenuto

Inside FIT tecnique

Aragorn

Messaggi raccomandati

Fantastico!

Ora è possibile vedere il filmato di un intervento dal vivo con tecnica FIT.

Interessante per i dottori e per chi volesse sottoporsi a questa interessante nuova tecnica.

http://www.forhair.com/video_archive.htm

P.S. E' necessario installare Quicktime per chi avesse come me problemi di visualizzazione

Many of you have requested a close up of the donor region so that you could evaluate the degree of scarring for yourself.

We have put a video on our website that shows a very close up 10 to 45X microscopic view of the FIT surface area and from a cross section through the skin surface. scarring is essentially not seen.

What you may notice is an occasional region devoid of a follicular unit or group. this is not really evident with the hair longer than 2 mm. it is not evident even with the hair longer.

We have magnified the donor region up to 45X in areas that we beleive a follicular group was harvested from.

We did not see any scarring, but you can decide for yourself. you must understand that the skin surface is very irregular. there are many creases.

The skin surface is typically elevated between the creases and this "hump" typically has a follicular group in it.

Even in the areas we beleive that follicular groups were harvested by FIT we do not see any disruption of this normal anatomy. the creases and the humps appear intact.

We slivered through the area, as well. we do not see any difference in dermis and we do not see fibrotic scarring in the subcutaneous fat. we can see an absent region where a follicular group was once located. these findings are very encouraging to FIT.

-------------------------

Thomas Ortiz

Surgical Assistant to Dr.Cole

B.S., C.L.S.A

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...

Interessante post sulla transection rate della FIT/FUE.

According to dr. Woods the transection rate from his procedure is less than 5%. we run up between 3% and 10%. Higher transection rates occur in select cases such as very curly hair, hair splaying, and fragile hair. most physicians have a much higher rate of transection with total follicular unit transplantation via strip harvest. some have a rate below 5%, but this is the minority of physicians. most strip harvest physicians run 20% or higher.

it is our goal to get the transection rate down below 5% like Dr. Woods. a 10% trasection rate means one hair out of 10 are damaged on removal. it is easy to say that a damaged hair has a chance to re-grow, but it also has a chance to not grow. this is the reason to strive toward a much lower transection rate.

follicular extraction and FIT offer patients many possiblities that are not possible from strip. an unusual phenomenon occurs with short hair and a low follicular density. this phenomenon is what i call the less is more illusion. you can take a patient that is a class 6, give him a density of 20 to 30 follicular units per sq cm and then tell him to shave his head. if he is a strip patient, the scar will be visible, but if he is a FIT or FUE patient, he will suddenly appear to have all his hair and no scar. in other words, the low density on a shaved head creates an illusion of no hair loss or minimal hair loss even though very little hair has been transplanted to a bald area. this is the "less is more" illusion of fullness.

one must also not loose site of the overwhelming advantages of having a donor area that looks essentially normal. doing a strip leaves a permanent scar. doing follicular isolation gives the patient many additional options after surgery. for instance, if a patient later desires to shave his head, you will not see the linear scar. this is especially true for the very young patient (twenties). i have seen many patients over the years, who wish they'd done nothing due to the donor scar. doing follicular isolation gives them the opportunity to appear more like they never had anything done even with a shaved head.

John P. Cole, MD

Atlanta, GA

800 368 4247 http://www.forhair.com

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Visitatore Dott. Morselli

Il discorso del dott. Cole è interessante, ma è la prima volta che sento parlare di un rinfoltimento di densità 20 - 30 FU/cmq ricavate con la FUE/FIT in un paziente di VI classe. Afferma che a capelli rasi nell'area donatrice non si nota nulla, al contrario di chi ha avuto la strip.

E' ovvio che sottintende che anche con i capelli lunghi l'aspetto nell'area donatrice di chi ha avuto una FUE/FIT di questa portata (almeno 3.000 FU?) sia normale: in questo caso aspettiamoci di vedere grandi cose a New York quest'autunno, al congresso della ISHRS.

smile.gifeek4.gifsmile.gif

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Rose su transection rates, FIT e strip:

There has been some discussion about transection with FIT.

With FIT transection one should understand that the transection if it occurs, may occur at a level that allows the hair to regrow if the hair is left in the scalp.

Dr Cole and I are beginning to develop a protocol for a study to look at this issue.

In strip harvesting, transection occurs in taking out the strip,(higher with multi blade knives), and preparing the grafts (higher without microscopes, backlighting).

As with FIT transection rates will depend on the surgeons expertise and the patient's scalp parameters such as scarring, density of hair, angles etc.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

The future:

i think the future will bring a lower transection rate.

We are shooting for below 5%.

I beleive we will have a better idea of body hair growth characteristics.

I beleive we will have others trained and perhaps a decrease in pricing.

I hope we can bring on additional tools to expidite the removal process.

Currently one of the greatest concerns is the amount of scar tissue we leave if we harvest 59% of the total follicles available from FIT. we are working on ways to reduce this below the total amount produce from strip harvesting.

The overall donor availablity from FIT averages 217 sq cm on the scalp alone. i think we will better define this and have a better idea of effienciency ratios. in other words if we harvest from 70 sq cm, how many grafts should we obtain?

WE BELEIVE THAT THERE ARE 10,000 FOLLICULAR GROUPS AVAIALBLE IN THE AVERAGE SCALP FROM FIT AND ONLY 7000 FROM STRIP.

We hope to better clarify and understand this.

We hope to document growth ratios from FIT and better understand the affects of antioxidant solutions, as well as, the affects from limiting time out of body.

We hope to improve techniques. so, hold on. There is much more to come.

-------------------------

John P. Cole, MD

75 14th St.

Suite 3260

Atlanta, GA 30309

800 368 4247

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti