Vai al contenuto

Interessante reportage di trapianto Dr. Hasson

Lottatore

Messaggi raccomandati

Il primo caso direi che corrisponde ad un trapianto normale.

Il cambio di colore dei capelli dal nero al castano enfatizza un buon risultato di una sessione da circa 1400 UF.

Il secondo caso è sinceramente impressionante. Testimonia una qualità molto alta . Una pecca grave è data dalla mancanza di un post a distanza. Casi così grandi che avranno richiesto un prelievo di enormi dimensioni (è molto probabile un 20cm. x 2cm) andrebberò poi sottoposti ad un Hair Counting (ovvero ad una conta effettiva su centimetri campione per verificare la precentuale di attecchimento).

Non importa che il risultato si dimostri buono ma quanti capelli sono cresciuti in rapporto agli innesti posizionati?

Speriamo che tra qualche mese siano disponibili delle foto a distanza (da quale pulpito viene la predica) per verificare se simili sforzi sono giustificabili.

Un augurio di Buona Pasqua a voi tutti.

Piero Tesauro

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 4 weeks later...

Anche il Dr. Hasson passa alla FUE.

Non c'è ormai dubbio che questo è il futuro!

Thanks to those who have showed interest and to WWH who has encouraged me to perform FUE.

We will be performing FUE as from May 1, 2003.

We will only be performing small sessions (initially at least) limited to a few hundred grafts.

The reasons for this are multiple, but most importantly I want to be sure of the final results and effect on the donor area.

For those of you who are looking for large FUE sessions in the near future, I would recommend you to contact Dr. Jones and Dr. Cole – both excellent surgeons.

I would like to take this opportunity to give my two cents worth with regard to FUE:

The principle of FU grafting is based on the fact that the FU is the most compact type of graft – i.e.: It contains more follicles per unit area and is smaller in size than other grafts. This fact on its own does not make the graft inherently better aesthetically than any other type of graft. In fact, to the contrary – follicular unit grafts may appear pluggy – if too widely spaced. In addition the natural groupings of follicles in FU’s are only of real value if the grafts are placed in coronal slits. Regardless of the type of recipient sites used the FU’s must be relatively tightly packed in order to appear natural.

This is the key factor! We must either use large number of grafts, or, if using fewer grafts, confine our transplants to a relatively small area.

This is the reason that I perform mega-sessions. Using large numbers of FU’s I am able to both cover large areas and achieve a high degree of naturalness (through dense packing).

The conventional strip method is currently the only technology which can achieve this end point – and usually in one surgery.

The downside here is the inherent “invasiveness” of the strip excision and the possibility of scarring.

The effect on the donor area of removing thousands of FU’s via FUE is largely unknown. There is virtually no change in scarring of multiple strip excisions if carefully planned and performed. With FUE the removal of each individual FU will result in increased scarring and I sincerely doubt that anyone will be able to have 9 – 13,000 FU’s removed via FUE as suggested by Dr. Cole.

Mathematically the excision of 10,000 FU’s by FUE would result in approximately 31 linear meters of scarring versus 30cm via strip excision. This is 100X more scarring via FUE.

Is this a method of diminishing returns? I will let time be the judge. In the meantime I will not be taking such risks with my patients.

In the end it is the choice of the patient. Going with a surgeon with a good record using strip excision or rolling the FUE dice.

(Un)fortunately I don’t gamble.

Victor Hasson MD

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

i suoi capelli trapiantati sono piu folti dei miei naturali anche se non sono messo molto male. cmq non saprei se credere o no a queste foto perche non ho mai visto una cosa del genere. dott. tesauro con lei sarebbe possibile raggiungere risultati simili in una sessione? quando comincierano i chirurghi italiani ad usare la tecnica fue? ciao e grazie

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti